Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's been a few weeks!!

So it's been a while since I've made a posting, it's been a little busy around here! Daniel and I just got back from our postponed anniversary trip to Asheville, NC. We were supposed to go in January, but we got snowed in. We had a blast visiting downtown and going to the Biltmore.

Last week was my mom's birthday, so here are a few of the things that I did for her.
First is her card that I made.












Next is a paper bag that I made and then I made four small gift cards that she can put in with gifts.


















You may be wondering though, how I cut out that bag and the pretty flower on the front of it and the cards.........CRICUT!!!












She told me a few weeks ago that if I found one on sale, to go on and get it and she would put it up for my birthday, which is in JUNE. I found one a few weeks ago at JoAnn's for a GREAT price and she put it up. She called me last weekend and told me that I could go on and have it because she didn't have anywhere to put it. I think she really just wanted to get a good birthday card! haha I'm so excited though! Early birthday for me!!

I also tried my first round of sewing. Olivia brought me her sewing machine and showed me a quick tutorial of how to use it. I wanted to make my mom this camera strap that I found at http://crapivemade.blogspot.com/2009/11/patchwork-camera-strap-tutorial.html. So here it is....












I think that I did pretty well for my first time!! =]

Last weekend while Daniel was out for a bike ride, my dad and I took an antique table out of the back room so that I didn't scratch it up and replaced it with a long rectangular table. We had a few bumps and mishaps along the way, but what can I say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...I'm not a very patient person when I get something in my mind!! Here's what it looks like now. I love having a table and being out of the floor!












I hope that everyone has a GREAT week!!








No comments:

Post a Comment