Sunday, February 21, 2010

What a BEAUTIFUL Sunday!!

This weekend has been absolutely beautiful! Just what we all needed to get us out of this winter slump! This afternoon after lunch, Daniel and I went to JoAnn's and bought my birthday present from my mom because it was on sale for a GREAT price. I got a Cricut Expression Machine!!



















I, of course, have to wait until my birthday! I really tried to talk her into me "storing" it for her until then, but she wouldn't go for it! lol I can be patient though. June 2 is our very last day of school and only a half day. So by waiting until then, I will have the WHOLE summer break to play with it!! YAY!

After we bought my incredible birthday present, we came home and I opened the windows and started making some cards. The first one I made, I made for a friend of ours who is taking his final CPA test on Thursday. They have a bulldog and when I saw t
his stamp in my box today, I just couldn't resist! I really like how it turned out!

I also decided to make my grandmother a set of cards for her birthday this week. I made three designs and two of each. I'm really happy with the way that they turned out as well.












































I also finally finished something I've been working on for the past week. I saw this design online last weekend and loved it. I haven't been able to find anything that I've really liked for the walls of my craft room. When I saw this I thought that it would be easy to do.












They are supposed to resemble typewriter keys. I started with 12in. embroidery hoops and I painted them black.

(In honor of the olympics, even though I haven't watched the first competition! lol)






















Then I cut my fabric into pieces that would fit into each hoop and then I took them to be embroidered or "mamgrammed!"












When I got them back, I put them in the hoops and cut the excess fabric off of the back. I used to fray check to keep it from fraying on the back.












When I was ready, my great husband hung them on the wall. (Only after I made cornbread for dinner! J/K!!)
































So now I may actually have to work a WHOLE week this week! Oh the life of a teacher... I hope everyone has a great week!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment